WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have 3 empty ODGC Board of Directors seats up for grabs. Here's a description of what it's like to be a Board members:
Hold the President and Volunteer Executive accountable
Vote (over email) on budget and where we spend our money
Ensure that we (The ODGC) are best setup to be successful
Our meetings are quarterly and virtual. So, it's not a time consuming role.
Really, this is a low-stress role and it's mostly email based. It's busier in the early part of the year as we prepare our season, and then gets a bit quieter as the year progresses.
If you're interested, please reply to me and I'll help get you nominated.
We have 2 empty Executive Volunteer positions. Here they are with a description on how you can help improve our club.
- Ensure we keep track of our equipment (keep a spreadsheet of all our baskets, discs, etc) and where they are
- Let the Board know if any of the equipment needs help (broken baskets, new loaner discs required, etc).
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure our courses are maintained (the club will find volunteers and fundraise, but we need someone to help us know where these resources are needed).
- Mostly just an administrative role. You don't have to be at all the course all the time. We just need someone to help us stay organized.
ODGC Member Services
- Ensure our members have all their membership packages (help us distribute the annual member packages).
- Help up order the member packages
- Let our members know how to sign up, where to signup and why they would want to sign up.
- Help us work with our members to know where we can be better as a club and let the Executive Director know if there are any issues that need attention
So, if you feel like you could help in any of these categories, please let me know.
Since we're all volunteers, and we all love playing Disc Golf in our spare time, let's work together to make disc golf in the Greater Ottawa Area the best that it can be!
Thanks for reading the whole email,
President, Ottawa Disc Golf Club
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OttawaDGC